Help ID please

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mariette
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2019
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2,506
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ID?

50A61E0E-67F6-4638-A7BC-F2B14D2684F6.png
 
Definitely a goniopora and montipora.

I heard someone pronounce both of these as Goni-opera and Mon-tipera (also A-crop-era) the other day and it made me wonder if I’d been mispronouncing them all these years, then I decided I hated those pronunciations and didn’t care if I was the one mispronouncing them.
 
Looks like spongodes on bottom but I can't tell what the pink is, just coralline growing over?
 
Looks like spongodes on bottom but I can't tell what the pink is, just coralline growing over?
either that or a failed grafting attempt
 
Seems like it has 24 “petals “ in each polyp…goniopora

alveopora has 12
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new