Help ID this coral, and does it look healthy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Slywenis
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Slywenis

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2021
Messages
22
Reaction score
4
Location
Central Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this coral but not 100% sure of the type. The tentacles were skinny in the store, and 24hrs after adding it, they're all thick and inflated, and it seems to be sprouting new tentacles from existing ones?

20211011_165636.jpg 20211011_165628.jpg
 
I can't tell if its a frammar, frogspawn, i don't think its a torch.

Edit: looks like its adjusting to your tank
 
I can't tell if its a frammar, frogspawn, i don't think its a torch.

Edit: looks like its adjusting to your tank
Yeah it looked like a torch when I bought it, the tentacles were long amd skinny. Since bringing it home, I've noticed the tentacles have gotten fat and seem to be popping up tip nodes all over the tentacles, but not sure if it's just more visible being fatter.
 
Yeah it looked like a torch when I bought it, the tentacles were long amd skinny. Since bringing it home, I've noticed the tentacles have gotten fat and seem to be popping up tip nodes all over the tentacles, but not sure if it's just more visible being fatter.
it could be a torch. Give it time to acclimate. Once it fully extends and you can get a good picture in. Feel free to post again and ask. It's not a big deal. As torches can also have multiple nubs per tentacle. Seems to take place when they get into new aquariums. Happened to 2 of the ones I currently have. They eventually, go away.
 
it could be a torch. Give it time to acclimate. Once it fully extends and you can get a good picture in. Feel free to post again and ask. It's not a big deal. As torches can also have multiple nubs per tentacle. Seems to take place when they get into new aquariums. Happened to 2 of the ones I currently have. They eventually, go away.
I'll keep an eye out, thanks! I think it'll be happy, I've got a wall hammer that seems to be pretty happy.
 
it could be a torch. Give it time to acclimate. Once it fully extends and you can get a good picture in. Feel free to post again and ask. It's not a big deal. As torches can also have multiple nubs per tentacle. Seems to take place when they get into new aquariums. Happened to 2 of the ones I currently have. They eventually, go away.
Here's a newer pic, they seem to have shrunk and still good color. Pic under whites with no flow at feeding time.
20211015_193613.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new