Help ID this coral, and does it look healthy?

Slywenis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this coral but not 100% sure of the type. The tentacles were skinny in the store, and 24hrs after adding it, they're all thick and inflated, and it seems to be sprouting new tentacles from existing ones?

20211011_165636.jpg 20211011_165628.jpg

OP
OP
S

Slywenis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't tell if its a frammar, frogspawn, i don't think its a torch.

Edit: looks like its adjusting to your tank
Yeah it looked like a torch when I bought it, the tentacles were long amd skinny. Since bringing it home, I've noticed the tentacles have gotten fat and seem to be popping up tip nodes all over the tentacles, but not sure if it's just more visible being fatter.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah it looked like a torch when I bought it, the tentacles were long amd skinny. Since bringing it home, I've noticed the tentacles have gotten fat and seem to be popping up tip nodes all over the tentacles, but not sure if it's just more visible being fatter.
it could be a torch. Give it time to acclimate. Once it fully extends and you can get a good picture in. Feel free to post again and ask. It's not a big deal. As torches can also have multiple nubs per tentacle. Seems to take place when they get into new aquariums. Happened to 2 of the ones I currently have. They eventually, go away.

OP
OP
S

Slywenis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it could be a torch. Give it time to acclimate. Once it fully extends and you can get a good picture in. Feel free to post again and ask. It's not a big deal. As torches can also have multiple nubs per tentacle. Seems to take place when they get into new aquariums. Happened to 2 of the ones I currently have. They eventually, go away.
I'll keep an eye out, thanks! I think it'll be happy, I've got a wall hammer that seems to be pretty happy.

OP
OP
S

Slywenis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a newer pic, they seem to have shrunk and still good color. Pic under whites with no flow at feeding time.
20211015_193613.jpg

Back