Help ID this mystery coral.

Rijodan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2020
Messages
234
Reaction score
187
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this a month ago from the lfs and other than it be a "supernatural" encrusting coral i didn't get any other information about it. Probably should have asked more questions but I was excited as always at the coral store.

Mainly I want to know the type so I know how to care for it best. It does seem to be more of small polyps that open like flowers then having the tentacles like favias and acans.

Originally had this in SPS but they guessed favia and recommended trying here.

Tank light is mostly blue white and taken with a macro lens with a 20k filter and color adjusted on phone to 6500k and increased temperature.

20200512_173138.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new