Help ID??

John Paul Rai

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2018
Messages
30
Reaction score
20
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I was looking at my tank today and noticed this weird green and red slug looking creature. Anyone know what this is? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
0A7F7D7F-4E5F-4165-B4BD-FA38B884D3D8.jpeg
403E85B5-4C0D-4152-B10F-417C734D62AB.jpeg
 
@vetteguy53081 is the expert on all things unknown. I don't think it's a stomatella
 
stomatella, i have a bunch, great hitchhikers and they live a long time
 
I'm leaning toward limpet
 
Im seeing sponge and tunicates
 
Looks like sponge, tunicate , or possibly a bivalve (the little ‘hose’ type thing could be its siphon). A closer up pic would help. Although the more I look at it, could be a stomatella. Does it move?
 
Looks like sponge, tunicate , or possibly a bivalve (the little ‘hose’ type thing could be its siphon). A closer up pic would help. Although the more I look at it, could be a stomatella. Does it move?
Yea I can see it sliding around the rock. I saw it on a Zoa frag plug yesterday and it seemed to be eating the algae on the plug.
 
After doing some research it does seem like a stomatella but not 100% sure. Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new