Help identify the corals!

Simon_K

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2019
Messages
27
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone ,I just came back from Vivarium in Netherlands. I managed to snag 2 beautiful corals for 5 eur each (what a deal!), but did not check what they are! Can you help me identify them?

IMG_20191104_001413.jpg IMG_20191104_001524.jpg
 
Nice one, thanks! Do euphylias have this kind of "mouth" in the middle?
 

Attachments

  • VID_20191104_192025.mp4
    4.7 MB
Looks like you have a Duncan coral (duncanopsammia axifuga) It was hard to see in the first pic but your video shows it clear. Euphyllia also have mouths in the middle.

After seeing the vid, I agree it's a duncan
 
ah, nice one! Thanks guys :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new