Help identify these corals

  • Thread starter Thread starter malcb76
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

malcb76

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2024
Messages
25
Reaction score
8
Location
Sacramento
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to identify my 2 purple fuzzy corals . I ordered them as a purple Stylophora and Fuzzy Lobo Lobophytum. One of them is more stony and doesn’t move in moderate flow(The coral with the crab on it). The other coral moves and sways quite a bit in the flow and its stems shrink and close up at night. Also the fuzzy polyps go away as they shrink.

IMG_9009.jpeg IMG_9015.jpeg
 
Picture 2 is a purple Stylophora. It'll get whitish tips when it starts to grow.

I know next to nothing about softies soni can't help with that one, sorry.
 
The first one is a devils hand leather coral or "Lobophytum" and the second is a stylophora which is one of the easier/hardier SPS coral they like higher light and higher flow.
 
3737198-2913be5e49a0035248dd1127444b4460.jpg
3737200-d8309b3994ce0db28f745fb8b3aaedf2.jpg

Red: Finger leather coral (I'm pretty sure)
Blue: Green stylophora
Purple: Purple stylophora
Your tank looks pretty new, are you sure it's ready for sps corals like those stlyos?
 
3737198-2913be5e49a0035248dd1127444b4460.jpg
3737200-d8309b3994ce0db28f745fb8b3aaedf2.jpg

Red: Finger leather coral (I'm pretty sure)
Blue: Green stylophora
Purple: Purple stylophora
Your tank looks pretty new, are you sure it's ready for sps corals like those stlyos?
Green Stylophora is likely a Teal Stylophora or possible green Seriatopora (Birdsnest).
 
3737198-2913be5e49a0035248dd1127444b4460.jpg
3737200-d8309b3994ce0db28f745fb8b3aaedf2.jpg

Red: Finger leather coral (I'm pretty sure)
Blue: Green stylophora
Purple: Purple stylophora
Your tank looks pretty new, are you sure it's ready for sps corals like those stlyos?
The blue circle is birds nest. That I do know. lol my tank is barely 5 months old. The Stylo is one of the first that I got and its been doing well from I can see. I also got the Fuzzy Lobo at the same time and it’s happy
 
The blue circle is birds nest. That I do know. lol my tank is barely 5 months old. The Stylo is one of the first that I got and its been doing well from I can see. I also got the Fuzzy Lobo at the same time and it’s happy
Alright, well good luck man! :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new