Help identify this out of control algae!

pierrelowey

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2023
Messages
42
Reaction score
76
Location
UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don’t know what is happening to my tank, it’s pushing me to the edge! I have had what I assumed to be diatoms, however it has just continued to get worse over the past couple of months and there’s thick almost carpet layers of it over the back glass and rocks, it looks like wavy hair. Can someone please help me identify.
IMG_7205.jpeg
 
I really don’t know what is happening to my tank, it’s pushing me to the edge! I have had what I assumed to be diatoms, however it has just continued to get worse over the past couple of months and there’s thick almost carpet layers of it over the back glass and rocks, it looks like wavy hair. Can someone please help me identify.
IMG_7205.jpeg
Tank has been running for 7 months
Phos 0.07
Nitrates 12
 
I’d just grab a more diverse snail crew …
if you need faster results try spot peroxide treatments
Doesn’t look that bad or rather looks doable
 
I’d just grab a more diverse snail crew …
if you need faster results try spot peroxide treatments
Doesn’t look that bad or rather looks doable
This looks ok now as I cleaned it all off about 20 minutes ago, but over night it takes over again everywhere. I’ll look into the peroxide. Thanks
 
1 Sand sifting star fish
3 nassarius snails
3 astrea snails
16 trochus
Tank size?
Best advice for your system is to remove all algae from the back wall and reduce as much as you can on the rocks so the algae is short.
Then get a sea hare and your algae will be gone in a couple weeks.
Once gone increase your snail crew and then return the sea hare or gift it to someone who needs it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new