Help identifying algae

thisguy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone could help me with identifying what kind of algae this is? I was wondering if it’s hair or turf algae maybe something else? My tank I still new only two months old now

IMG_5915.jpeg IMG_5916.jpeg IMG_5914.jpeg

OP
OP
T

thisguy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm leaning towards a variety of GHA.
Yea that what I was thinking. My hermit will eat a small patch but not all the time. Added a few astrea snails hoping that would help. I don’t know if you would know but with my algae outbreak would that consume my nitrates making it 0 whenever I test for it? Trying to raise my nitrates but having trouble raising them

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea that what I was thinking. My hermit will eat a small patch but not all the time. Added a few astrea snails hoping that would help. I don’t know if you would know but with my algae outbreak would that consume my nitrates making it 0 whenever I test for it? Trying to raise my nitrates but having trouble raising them
Algae outbreaks can consume available nutrients, yes. You may have to manually remove as much as you can first before you start seeing any improvement. While doing this I'd also change your filter floss or socks more frequently.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back