Help IDing a spot on my clownie's head

Sweetpeaches

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6XvidRd

Hey all.

My clownie is acting normally, and is her usual happy self. However, you can see on the picture above, she has a spot on her head. It's not cloudy or shiny. The spot isn't anything I could ID; it looks like maybe she hurt herself?

Parameters are: 0ammonia, 0nitrites and 0nitrates.

Other stocking is a pink pincushion urchin, a Yasha Goby, a pistol shrimp and an Aiptasia eating Filefish. They're all in a 20 gallon long with an 800gph Aqueon powerhead and a small protein skimmer .

Thanks in advance.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! It doesn’t look like the picture came through. Can you try again?

OP
OP
Sweetpeaches

Sweetpeaches

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6XvidRd

6XvidRd

IMG_20181010_222004.jpg

Hey all,

As you can probably tell from the picture, there is a spot on my clownie's head. She's not acting any different than normal; she's still eating and zooming around. I couldn't ID it myself. It's not cloudy, raised or shiny. Honestly it looks to me like she hurt herself somehow but it's better safe than sorry.

My tank parameters are 0ammonia, 0nitrites and 0nitrates.

The other stocking is a Yasha Goby, a tiger pistol shrimp, a pink pincushion urchin and an Aiptasia eating Filefish.

They're all in a 20 long with a 800gph Aqueon powerhead and a small protein skimmer.

I'm currently using Herbtana for the thing on her head. The picture was taken yesterday, and it's already looking a lot better and smaller but it's better safe than sorry.

Thanks in advance .

Last edited:

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That may also have some bacterial involvement. If it begins to look inflamed with either red or whitish colors, you may be best advised to remove the fish to a QT to treat with antibiotics. The combination of Furan-2, Kanaplex and Metroplex is one that has served well, but Spectrogram and Nitrofuracin Green may have eclipsed them. Any of those would be a help, I suspect.

There are also a lot of white spots in the photo, that rather look like ich - unless that's something of an illusion?

~Bruce

OP
OP
Sweetpeaches

Sweetpeaches

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the reply, Bruce.

Right now I'm just dosing iodide. If it progresses, I will definitely treat how you're suggesting.

And yeah, those spots are on the water's surface.

Thank you again,

Matias.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back