Help ID'ing frag?

Mau1J1m

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I recently started up my first reef tank & decided to snag a few "starter friendly" frags from my LFS to place in QT while I finish getting my display tank prepped. Unfortunately, the LFS didn't really provide the specifics as to what any of the frags were. I've been able to match most via some aggressive googling, however this one still evades me. Any ideas?

**Bonus/side question** is that little tube looking thing on the plug anything I should be concerned over? I plan on stripping off the original plugs with my bandsaw and re-seating them before moving to DT after QT for what it's worth.

PXL_20230629_171455609.MP (1).jpg

prokhk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what the frag is, possible a montipora? However, the tube is a vermitid snail and you definitely don't want those in your tank. Getting them is somewhat inevitable but I would try to avoid it as long as possible.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hey all, I recently started up my first reef tank & decided to snag a few "starter friendly" frags from my LFS to place in QT while I finish getting my display tank prepped. Unfortunately, the LFS didn't really provide the specifics as to what any of the frags were. I've been able to match most via some aggressive googling, however this one still evades me. Any ideas?

**Bonus/side question** is that little tube looking thing on the plug anything I should be concerned over? I plan on stripping off the original plugs with my bandsaw and re-seating them before moving to DT after QT for what it's worth.

PXL_20230629_171455609.MP (1).jpg
Please post pics under white lighting. May be monti or chalice

OP
OP
Mau1J1m

Mau1J1m

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please post pics under white lighting. May be monti or chalice
Sadly, that's as "white" as the white mode on the stock fluval evo fixture I'm using for my Frag QT tank goes; It doesn't actually shut off the blue diodes, it just floods them out with the whites (but obviously still tints it to a degree). I appreciate the response tho!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 35 27.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back