Help ID'ing frag?

Mau1J1m

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2023
Messages
21
Reaction score
22
Location
Charleston
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I recently started up my first reef tank & decided to snag a few "starter friendly" frags from my LFS to place in QT while I finish getting my display tank prepped. Unfortunately, the LFS didn't really provide the specifics as to what any of the frags were. I've been able to match most via some aggressive googling, however this one still evades me. Any ideas?

**Bonus/side question** is that little tube looking thing on the plug anything I should be concerned over? I plan on stripping off the original plugs with my bandsaw and re-seating them before moving to DT after QT for what it's worth.

PXL_20230629_171455609.MP (1).jpg
 
Not sure what the frag is, possible a montipora? However, the tube is a vermitid snail and you definitely don't want those in your tank. Getting them is somewhat inevitable but I would try to avoid it as long as possible.
 
Hey all, I recently started up my first reef tank & decided to snag a few "starter friendly" frags from my LFS to place in QT while I finish getting my display tank prepped. Unfortunately, the LFS didn't really provide the specifics as to what any of the frags were. I've been able to match most via some aggressive googling, however this one still evades me. Any ideas?

**Bonus/side question** is that little tube looking thing on the plug anything I should be concerned over? I plan on stripping off the original plugs with my bandsaw and re-seating them before moving to DT after QT for what it's worth.

PXL_20230629_171455609.MP (1).jpg
Please post pics under white lighting. May be monti or chalice
 
Please post pics under white lighting. May be monti or chalice
Sadly, that's as "white" as the white mode on the stock fluval evo fixture I'm using for my Frag QT tank goes; It doesn't actually shut off the blue diodes, it just floods them out with the whites (but obviously still tints it to a degree). I appreciate the response tho!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new