HELP! IS MY GSP DYING?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AN0N41
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    gsp
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AN0N41

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Messages
36
Reaction score
16
Location
Santa Monica
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won’t open and it looks like this. I think it’s dying. What should I do? My nitrite and nitrate are high. Is that killing it? Should I move it to a qt tank? I’m so scared and need advice

337505A6-70A1-48FA-85F5-0C6D7BCF6DFC.jpeg
 
A water change will bring down the nitrite and nitrate. Is your tank fully cycled? The good part is that gsp is pretty bulletproof. Sometimes it doesn't open for a day or so as it grows.
 
What are your nitrates? If you are showing nitrites tank May not be fully cycled. How old is tank? Nitrites are not a huge concern in saltwater tank.
 
GSP is a weird coral, some people get it to thrive but others manage to kill it. I’ve killed both of the frags I had. But it’s ironic as I can grow LPS, other softies and SPS in the tanks I killed the GSP in.

Seeming you say you’ve got nitrites that says the tank isn’t cycled. How old is the tank?
 
Was it just cut/fragged? I find it stays closed a while after that
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new