Help is this ICH

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The slime coat of eels helps them to resist the parasite's attack but it can be carrying a small number of the parasites.

Eels do not do well in copper. It's extremely risky and usually does not turn out well. Consider dosing with CP for velvet.

OP
OP
Wyleskymommy

Wyleskymommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The slime coat of eels helps them to resist the parasite's attack but it can be carrying a small number of the parasites.

Eels do not do well in copper. It's extremely risky and usually does not turn out well. Consider dosing with CP for velvet.
So I should pull him out of my qt and put him in another then? The eel is currently it with the other fish that I am treating with Cupramine. He seems to be doing fine.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper being a poison effects species of fish differently. While it may make it through, unseen damage can be happening. Here's a thread from awhile back and Bob Loblaw comments. He's kind of an "Eel guru."

artieg1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Voice of experience here. I would not spend too much energy saving the fish you have. Put them in QT and find a treatment for them. But they are probably not going to make it, that is what velvet does, it wipes out your fish. I would focus on the long run and how you want to maintain your tank and QT procedures to avoid this going forward.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 99 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.9%
Back