Help..is this the right setup?

JerryThomas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone as you can see in my signature my tank got a radion xr15pro, preset on the radion is "Coral lab sub-template lps/soft"the Point is..I don't know if this setup is correct or not! As you can see in the pic i grow up White at 65% ..overall bright is at 90%..because i also have 2 montipora and in the future i'm going to buy acropora..I love blu light during down and sunset but i think White is necessary...(also to make picture )
What do you think?
c1bd93b777cce8b7be8c1561ab45ab83.jpg

flowflezy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same light. But I change different ks all day long. Ramping up to blues then 14k, then 20 k, all blues, then light blue for sunset. I use different colors because of growth and colors.
If u want 90 percent change the blue and purple lights to 90 percent also.

flowflezy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the intensity is lowered yes. I also lower the individual color to the same as the intensity. So intensity is 90 I set the other ones that are on at the time to 90 also yes.

OP
OP
JerryThomas

JerryThomas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A shopkeeper today told me that having 65% whites on this lamp is too much and bringing them to 45% is right?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your guessing. so is the lfs.
Think in terms of PAR not %. depending on the tank and height of the light intensity will differ.
Mostly color is irrelevant(unless drastic.) corals have been grown at 6000 kelvin and 20,ooo kelvin for a long time.
IMO set the color by eye, then adjust intensity and decide on duration. the peak intensity(and time) is more the focus

here is an easy way to set your lights.
http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showt...-Your-Leds-and-Lights-on-the-Cheap&highlight=
a lux meter is $14. a sumbergable is $75
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/lighting-upgrade-with-a-lux-meter-saltyfilmfolks.248417/

For ease you can use one of the preset colors and modify the intensity.

Back