HELP - killer hermit crab

Cmack59

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a hermit crab - sorry can not remember which type - I think blue-legged, about 1-inch in diameter shell - who is killing off all my smaller crabs and snails (all sizes) - what do i do with him?

NitrateKillah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exile him to the sump. My guy try to eat me clam...not having that in my house.

You can try giving him away instead, unfortunately no one at work wants him, a convicted felon.

OP
OP
Cmack59

Cmack59

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exile him to the sump. My guy try to eat me clam...not having that in my house.

You can try giving him away instead, unfortunately no one at work wants him, a convicted felon.
Thanks for the idea - I have an octopus skimmer and a reactor in one half and the return pump in the other - what would he need to survive - i have him in the side with the socks and skimmer, etc.

MalteseOne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to work today to feed the tank and found my Hermit was on a murder spree last night.

Killed my prized arrow crab and Eating soft corals when I arrived.

I'm so sad. I had to leave so I hope he stops before I can catch him to put him in the prison sump.

In the last few days I tried direct feeding him frozen food but he was too stupid to accept it.

I assume I wasn't feeding him enough? Or is he just a serial killer that has no redeeming qualities?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back