help lighting a 120" Fish only tank

Mtlgallardo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2016
Messages
51
Reaction score
14
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys.



just put in an order for a 120x30x30 Tank
Planning to do a fish only tank..
What do you guys suggest for lighting? I know its Fish only but I will still like it too look good..
 
I think the real question is how much are you looking to spend?
 
I guess not over the tip but right in the middle pricing wise would work..
I am assuming if I am not doing corals I dont need to go to crazy ?
 
You could get something like an Odyssea T5 fixture and swap the bulbs out. You could go with Current Orbit Marine or SB Reefs or black box. Actually, I used to have a Nicrew LED light on a freshwater tank that looked awesome. That might be your cheapest bet.
 
Buy 3 Chinese LED light, the total cost is less than $200 for fish only. Cheap and looking good.
 
Did you settlle on lights? I will bet that down the road you will want to add a few corals so invest ahead and cry once....again
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 9.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new