Help Lighting an Innovative Marine 150 INT 48 x 36 x 20

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just placed an order for the new IM 150 INT this weekend. It's dimensions are 48 x 36 x 20

Tank will be SPS dominant. I'm wanting to go with a Radion/T5 hybrid system

I'm probably going to use the RMS Rail and Arms system to mount the lights above the tank because I don't want to hang from the ceiling. I will add my own single T5 fixtures to this (I already have an idea I'm pretty sure will work).

Anyway, what I can't decide on is whether to use 2 Radions or 3? Since the tank is so deep front to back, I'm thinking of running the XR30 Pros long ways front to back, rather than long ways side to side. So, if I do that, I wonder if I'd be better off going with 3 XR30's instead of 2? I'd rather not have to deal with heavy shadowing issues, which is why 2 fixtures worries me.

Genec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the tank yet?

If so can you post a couple pictures? I am debating this same size and am unsure if I want to commit to 36, go with 30 or do the traditional 24.
I have one and did this setup with the lights I had. 3 AI HD 26 and 2 kessils on the back. Looks good!
473CB13E-383D-4471-9EFD-C4CEB3B27BB1.jpeg

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have one and did this setup with the lights I had. 3 AI HD 26 and 2 kessils on the back. Looks good!

I hope I'm not side tracking the thread too much, but I see you have some pumps connected to the overflow on the back. What are you going to do if the magnet on the inside falls into that narrow overflow area? For example if you need to clean the pump.

How about if a fish jumps in the overflow......how can you get it out? It will flee into those narrow areas.

These were concerns I had when researching this tank for purchase. That full across overflow isn't needed and is mainly a hindrance.

Genec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for the center part of the overflow I reused my Nero 5s. The magnets are waterproof from what I read so this is fine (the opening on the coast to coast allows for installation on the center part as the ends have the Euro bracing in between the back and overflow). For the corners I’m using these Jebao sow15 pumps (mounted on the sides). Honestly the Jebaos are working out really well. Making me question spending on my neros and mp40 (haven’t mounted these yet. I’m running the Jebaos at 40 percent.

Genec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the fish can’t get into the overflow due to the euro bracing. The center part is not accessible when the conver is on. If you opted not to use the cover and the fish jumped to the center it is easy to get too. (Same area where I put the Nero inside magnet).

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok, got it with the fish part.

On the pumps........you connect both magnets in the overflow box and then slide the pumps to where you want them?

I have Tunze pumps..the magets are very strong and it would take a lot of force to slide them. So much so I may over due it and break the magnets apart. The one inside the narrow overflow section falls to the bottom of the tank. How do I get it out? It could very well be positoned that I can't get it to attach back to the pump magnet side.

Genec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
Ok, got it with the fish part.

On the pumps........you connect both magnets in the overflow box and then slide the pumps to where you want them?

I have Tunze pumps..the magets are very strong and it would take a lot of force to slide them. So much so I may over due it and break the magnets apart. The one inside the narrow overflow section falls to the bottom of the tank. How do I get it out? It could very well be positoned that I can't get it to attach back to the pump magnet side.
yes. For the neros. For the Jebaos they are on the side glass corners. I just angled them forward.

Genec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On another note. I really love the dimensions of the tank! Build quality is awesome. The overflow is super quiet.

Genec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My previous tank was an 85 gallon 38x26 x 20 tall. So not really. I did use to have a 180 gallon that was 24 inches tall. I guess it’s more if preference as there was some pros and cons. The 24 does add a little more dramatic look from the extra 4 inches of height. But the 20 is really nice too! Easy for maintenance and it has that lagoon look with the added depth of the Nuvo 150. Overall I’m really happy with the purchase of the Nuvo 150 INT and don’t regret it. If your looking for something larger I just saw they are going to make a 200 INT and EXT! Anyhow I always thought the 180 was a little too large for me and this 150 is perfect right now.

Genec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t mean to hijack this thread but I had the same concerns about the coast to coast and how I would mount anything on the backside. Here are 2 pics of the back glass. The first is with the cover on. The second has the cover lifted. This is the 150 INT model so I would think the center open portion would differ depending on the model
D0FC7FA9-2301-4926-9819-D559DC73DE59.jpeg
BFF4D060-6FEF-4729-8CCA-BDE3CCD21B2C.jpeg

Apachefirestorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking into the same mounting system for the AI’s. How does it secure to the euro bracing? Does it just sit on top?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back