Help!!!! Loud return

  • Thread starter Thread starter Larsen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Larsen

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2011
Messages
184
Reaction score
2
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set up my marine land 150 cube and the return is gurgling loud. On the elbow the is a small hole on top and two bigger holes on each side. The noise is coming from the side holes. Please help
 
Look up a durso pipe. You can make one for a couple bucks, and it'll make your return completely silent. I've run one on almost every tank I've ever had.

It looks like this:

standpipe.jpg
 
+1 with BTK. i run the same setup on all my tanks and its way quiet. my buddy doenst have one and its very loud and annoying.
 
I use a Hofer Gurgle Buster. they work pretty darn good and are great if you dont have room for a Durso in your overflows.
 
I did exactly what btw did but slowing down your flow will also do the trick.
 
I have a similar return drain system, but where the T is I have a half inch hole on each side where the water flows into. Should I seal off those holes?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new