Help! Low nutrients and dino outbreak

limejuice82

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2023
Messages
25
Reaction score
9
Location
London
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Getting quite worried about my 20 gallon red sea max nano.

My nitrates have been super stable at 5ppm until maybe the past few weeks. They dropped to around 1ppm 3 weeks ago until today they appear to be 0! Phosphate is also 0 though I’m awaiting a more sensitive test.

I’m seeing dinoflagellates around my tank and they’re starting to appear on my corals.

I’m surprised as I have two clowns, a royal gramma, a randalls goby and a pictus blenny in there, AND I feed twice a day, so I’d of thought my nutrients would be fine.

I really don’t want to mess anything up as everything has been going so smoothly until now! Any advice?
 
IMO a full tank picture will give us a hoof idea of whats happening in your tank.
 
Nitrates and phosphates are zero due to the dinos absorbing those nutrients. I would work on getting those numbers up.

What are you doing right now to tackle your dino issues?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new