Help MAG is crazy high

sutton6989

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2012
Messages
168
Reaction score
16
Location
Bloomfield Hills
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres my parameters

salinity 1.025
temp 78-80
alk 8.4 dkh
calc 480
mag 2100
phos .018
nitrate 10-15ppm

havent changed anything in the system.. noticing some stn at the base of my sps.

I have never dosed any mag suppliment ever in the tank
and also use a calcium reactor

please help!
 
Double check your test kit and try testing with another brand. I don't think your readings are correct. If so you can do a water change.
 
That's what I'm thinkin my test kit is off.. I dont have another kit so ill have my buddy test it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
 
You can also take a sample to lfs and have them double check.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new