Help make my corals look good.

  • Thread starter Thread starter CSJIII
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have removed the filter socks to see how that helps with nutrients. I am wondering though, should I still continue dosing ALK? And if so, should I do it just to maintain? or should I shoot for 9 or something higher?
 
I don't see that this has be covered, but you've got 250w Halide, how deep is the tank? You may need to place some of those lower corals higher depending on how deep the tank is if you're looking for growth.

But overall, I think Diesel nailed it. Lighting, nutrients, coral feeding (which I definitely recommend)..........all fantastic recommendations. Just be careful with how many changes you make at once.
 
I don't see that this has be covered, but you've got 250w Halide, how deep is the tank? You may need to place some of those lower corals higher depending on how deep the tank is if you're looking for growth.
But overall, I think Diesel nailed it. Lighting, nutrients, coral feeding (which I definitely recommend)..........all fantastic recommendations. Just be careful with how many changes you make at once.

24" depth. I had thoughts that it may have been from lighting BUT, i think a lack of light would cause them to brown out, not to go white. Correct?
 
Browning out is known to be caused by low light. However, what I've seen as debateable is whether low light, in addition to other causes, can also cause bleaching. I think it can, I've seen plenty of tanks where corals are bleaching in low light tanks. But it's hard to say if it's just the low
Light that caused it or other causes as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new