Help - Making a 15G into a 150G

mvbrandt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

First, if there are some really informative existing threads on this, a link alone would do me.

I returned to the hobby in May with an IM 15, and I've now bit the bullet and have a CADE 1500 S2 en route to me via Algae Barn.

I'm good on the gear and husbandry front, but I'm really hemming and hawing about transferring the inhabitants and rock and stuff from the Nano, which I've heavily invested in seeding with a ton of biodiversity, to the CADE. When, how, etc. I really don't want to do a raw shrimp or unassigned cycle, but I'm not sure just transferring some rock with live sand etc and the inhabitants is gonna do the trick for a ten times larger ecosystem.

Basically, I'm fishing for advice and perspective. The hobby has changed a lot in the 17 years I've been gone from it.

Thanks!
Mike

Quastermayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend setting up the new tank with all new sand and rock. Start cycling the tank with doctor Tim’s per it’s directions once the tank has cycled the move the rest of your rock and live stock over. I will say there is a thousand of ways to do everything and everyone will have a different opinion. Maybe visit your LFS and and pick their brain and ask them also

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shared my move and cycle experience the other day. I would say my method would be supported by most current aquarist. Check it out

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back