Help, Mandarin Goby.

Update: Mandarin still alive and eating BBS. He seems to still be very thin. Should I feed 2 times a day? (I have been feeding only once) Does feeding too many BBS raise nitrates? Thanks for the help.
 
Heres some more pictures and videos. I think his rib is very visible in some of these. In the video u can see him pecking, but I think that he looks very thin. Will try to feed BBS again tomorrow, hopefully he'll eat some. I don't think he looks too healthy.
It took a few tries for mine to eat BBS enthusiastically. Just keep offering them. He may eat them when you're not around. I switched the majority of my tank to LRS Nano and my mandarin actually eat some without a second glance.
 
Update: Mandarin still alive and eating BBS. He seems to still be very thin. Should I feed 2 times a day? (I have been feeding only once) Does feeding too many BBS raise nitrates? Thanks for the help.
I would go for multiple feedings for him. I fed mine quite often.
 
Update: Mandarin still alive and eating BBS. He seems to still be very thin. Should I feed 2 times a day? (I have been feeding only once) Does feeding too many BBS raise nitrates? Thanks for the help.
Add pods to your tank (Tisbe). They eat all day long.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new