OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk y it did 2 photos. but since I'm talkn and don't wanna jack ur thread how do I get my tru color acropora back. I think I need 2 get a 2nd hood with blue and blue plus 2 get it back as that's what they used on that tank at store. Like 6 blues and I got 1 6k and 10k day. Thanks again

image.jpg
I can't answer this but I don't mind you asking questions on my thread.. I learn from all of the questions and answers so be my guest! @Humblefish has been amazing at helping me. Maybe can help you as well.. Good luck

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what I would recommend if you could call seachem support and talk to a live person in the laboratory and they're going to ask you for pictures and they helped me every time and it works great
So I should call them to ask them what this is closest related to?

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My BF said it looks like a .4 to him.. I guess I can't get the levels at .5 for the life of me.. Help

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sistawolf That copper test looks pretty spot on @ 0.5 ppm. So I would go ahead and dose antibiotics now. Use Kanaplex to start.

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I treated with the KanaPlex and noticed my ammonia alert looks to be at .05.. Of course now that my copper is good and I treat with meds:mad: now what @Humblefish

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also is there anyone else that can help me so I don't bother you 24/7? Lol I feel terrible but your the only one I know of that is trustworthy and so far helped me save my fish.. ;) @Humblefish

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also is there anyone else that can help me so I don't bother you 24/7? Lol I feel terrible but your the only one I know of that is trustworthy and so far helped me save my fish.. ;) @Humblefish

Now that I'm up to speed with what your doing, I can help out. Did you already dose the antibiotics? Since your copper is at .5, now you do a water change (because of the ammonia reading) and add the FULL dose of copper to the new water before adding it to the QT. This way your levels never drop below therapeutic levels. If you haven't put in the antibiotics, then wait until after the water change to do so.

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I'm up to speed with what your doing, I can help out. Did you already dose the antibiotics? Since your copper is at .5, now you do a water change (because of the ammonia reading) and add the FULL dose of copper to the new water before adding it to the QT. This way your levels never drop below therapeutic levels. If you haven't put in the antibiotics, then wait until after the water change to do so.
25% water change with how many drops of copper? I did give antibiotics and then I noticed the spike in ammonia:(

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
25% water change with how many drops of copper? I did give antibiotics and then I noticed the spike in ammonia:(

If I remember right it's 40 drops per gallon for a full dose. Getting the ammonia out takes precedence over the antibiotics so wait until your supposed to redose to do it again.

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember right it's 40 drops per gallon for a full dose. Getting the ammonia out takes precedence over the antibiotics so wait until your supposed to redose to do it again.
Using Cupramine.. 16 drops per 10.5 gallons first day and and wait 48 hours and repeat.. I actually thought it said half after 48 hours and my copper was .6 with half used after 48 hours and 25% water change.. Now I'm on day 4

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sistawolf Do you have a working bio-filter on this QT? Something like a HOB powerfilter with bio-media capable of housing nitrifying bacteria to help break down ammonia? If not, doing WCs to control ammonia is going to be a constant chore. :(

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using Cupramine.. 16 drops per 10.5 gallons first day and and wait 48 hours and repeat.. I actually thought it said half after 48 hours and my copper was .6 with half used after 48 hours and 25% water change.. Now I'm on day 4

Hmm. I went and check my bottle of cupramine. It says 20 drops the first day, then do it again 48 hours later. So the full dose is 40 drops per gallon. Weird that yours says half that.

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple of photos or at least I'm going to try and upload some.. I took some last night but they were not good. And tonight's are not any better.. But I did find a lfs that had a variety of seachem supplies so I purchased everything I read in @Humblefish post on treating velvet and ich.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
What kind of clown is in the second pic??

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sistawolf Do you have a working bio-filter on this QT? Something like a HOB powerfilter with bio-media capable of housing nitrifying bacteria to help break down ammonia? If not, doing WCs to control ammonia is going to be a constant chore. :(
Yes.. I bought one sat night and used a biological booster soaked sponge since I didn't have a "seeded" sponge

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm. I went and check my bottle of cupramine. It says 20 drops the first day, then do it again 48 hours later. So the full dose is 40 drops per gallon. Weird that yours says half that.
Well weird.. The bottle I borrowed Friday night when I started all of this is diff from the bottle I purchased to replace his..

image.jpeg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sistawolf I believe they recently reformulated their Cupramine product. Or just made the dosing instructions more accurate. I can't remember which it is, but perhaps a call to Seachem is actually in order. ;)

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@melypr1985 please see pic.. How much water change and how much copper with the water change so I don't put to much?

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sistawolf I believe they recently reformulated their Cupramine product. Or just made the dosing instructions more accurate. I can't remember which it is, but perhaps a call to Seachem is actually in order. ;)
Should I call them before I do a water change

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back