Help me achieve SPS success

  • Thread starter Thread starter AcroFan144
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Im Following, . I'd recommend soda ash for alk dosing, it will raise your ph by .1 or .2. use this over sodium bicarb which is regularly offered. You can also make your own salinity solution to check against, refer to randy's articles regarding these two things.

Personally, in my old nano I had sps growing, but after 3 to 6 months of no changes at all. I also bought and tried keeping them from day one, but they did far better during and after that time frame. Major differences between mine and your tank is, I currently run biopellets and chaeto refugium . I had these two and a skimmer on my old tank and it was too much export. Nitrates were 0 all the time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new