Help me aquascape

onlyreefsnobeef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys this is my first aquascape I've done that needs epoxy, the epoxy isn't working, I bought 2 part dd epoxy in gray for some base rock, any tips for this, ill add pics if needed just don't want to move as I have knee issues

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys this is my first aquascape I've done that needs epoxy, the epoxy isn't working, I bought 2 part dd epoxy in gray for some base rock, any tips for this, ill add pics if needed just don't want to move as I have knee issues
Takes a while to set up. Get a roll of kite string and use it to tie the pieces in place.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so let it sit together in place for a while, how long?
Probably will vary on thickness of epoxy. I wouldn't skimp on it though. I feel like snails moonlight as bull dozers.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend @Glue Masters thin super glue and sand or rock powder. No need for epoxy or anything else.

276511.jpeg
20210703_013349.jpg
20210703_013549.jpg

Gedxin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Epoxy can work really well when you combine it with super glue. Basically mix the epoxy as usual and then put glue on either side when you stick together. It's like a double whammy.

A2dahlberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that's the stuff off of Amazon for 2 tubs for $10. I would kind of wrap it around the joints and let them sit. While waiting I pushed crumble from the rock I broke into the joints to cover the seam. Once it cures your good. The trick is pushing the epoxy into the cracks and crevasses on both rocks. I used a scrapper from Harbor Freight.

OP
OP
O

onlyreefsnobeef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that's the stuff off of Amazon for 2 tubs for $10. I would kind of wrap it around the joints and let them sit. While waiting I pushed crumble from the rock I broke into the joints to cover the seam. Once it cures your good. The trick is pushing the epoxy into the cracks and crevasses on both rocks. I used a scrapper from Harbor Freight.
Okay, its not a whole ton and the rocks I'm using are heavy, its just the two stacked on each side, also gonna put out some small over hangs

Back