Help me choose the final fish for my tank. I don’t want to mess up!

ReefKeeper666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
So many moons ago when I started the hobby I added 11 fish to a 55 gallon tank including a yellow tang(sorry tang police). They wound up with velvet and all fish died in 3 days. I was foolish, didn’t know about quarantine or even reef2reef. Not being one to give up up I’ve made great strides in the past year and change and have decided with help from fellow reefers on here that 8 fish is a good number for my 55 gallon tank. So I had managed to put my 8th and final fish and he didn’t make it. I had a fire tail blenny in my tank already and he beat the Midas blenny I added to death.
please take a look at the fish I have in my tank in the order I added them In the tank and let me know what some good options for my last fish would be.
Many tanks(lol see what I did there)...

1. Pajama Cardinal
2. Red carpenter wrasse
3. Green Mandarin
4. Fire tail blenny (aka bicolor blenny )
5. Royal gramma
6. Stormtrooper clown
7. Stormtrooper clown (they were added together)
8. What should I add?

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
So many moons ago when I started the hobby I added 11 fish to a 55 gallon tank including a yellow tang(sorry tang police). They wound up with velvet and all fish died in 3 days. I was foolish, didn’t know about quarantine or even reef2reef. Not being one to give up up I’ve made great strides in the past year and change and have decided with help from fellow reefers on here that 8 fish is a good number for my 55 gallon tank. So I had managed to put my 8th and final fish and he didn’t make it. I had a fire tail blenny in my tank already and he beat the Midas blenny I added to death.
please take a look at the fish I have in my tank in the order I added them In the tank and let me know what some good options for my last fish would be.
Many tanks(lol see what I did there)...

1. Pajama Cardinal
2. Red carpenter wrasse
3. Green Mandarin
4. Fire tail blenny (aka bicolor blenny )
5. Royal gramma
6. Stormtrooper clown
7. Stormtrooper clown (they were added together)
8. What should I add?
Flame hawk. Lotta personality.

kput

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
out of curiosity is a lawnmower blenny or another gramma possible?
Lawnmower blenny would be fun and active to have in the tank, definitely can be a good time to watch. I'd avoid another gramma as they can be territorial.

I've been wanting to add a pair of flaming prawn gobies (discordipinna griessingeri) to my tank for a while as they're super unique. They can be a bit cryptic and hide out in rockwork a ton from what I've researched, but definitely a unique and beautiful fish you don't see around too often.

Flame.jpg

Could also do a hawkfish of some sort (flame, long nose, short nose), firefish (red, purple, helfrichi), or any of the sand-dwelling goby's (yasha, yellow-watchmen, etc). Personally I love my pistol shrimp and blue-spotted watchmen combo.

Tons of different options!

OP
OP
ReefKeeper666

ReefKeeper666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lawnmower blenny would be fun and active to have in the tank, definitely can be a good time to watch. I'd avoid another gramma as they can be territorial.

I've been wanting to add a pair of flaming prawn gobies (discordipinna griessingeri) to my tank for a while as they're super unique. They can be a bit cryptic and hide out in rockwork a ton from what I've researched, but definitely a unique and beautiful fish you don't see around too often.

Flame.jpg

Could also do a hawkfish of some sort (flame, long nose, short nose), firefish (red, purple, helfrichi), or any of the sand-dwelling goby's (yasha, yellow-watchmen, etc). Personally I love my pistol shrimp and blue-spotted watchmen combo.

Tons of different options!
Seeing as my bi color blenny kicked the Midas blennys butt, is that a possibility’s between the bi color and a newly added lawnmower blenny?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 67 44.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 46.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.7%
Back