Help me convert 110gal to a Sump

Clownfish2

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2017
Messages
328
Reaction score
362
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fellow Reefers,

This is my Deep Blue Professional 110 gallon. It’s a four foot tank 30 inches tall and 18 inches width. The internal overflow box to the left has two holes a 1 inch and a 3/4 inch.

I am planning to get a 200-300 gallon tank after I move and was thinking of turning this 110 gallon into a sump instead of selling it for cheap and then having to buy a new large sump.

I was thinking of placing this 110 gallon on cinder blocks maybe 12 inches off the floor in a room separate from the 200-300 display tank room. There is just one wall between the tanks.

How would you convert/plumb this 110 gallon to a sump?

Should I install/seal off pvc fittings on the 1 inch and 3/4 inch holes in the overflow box in case water enters the overflow box?

What material(glass, pvc sheeting,etc) and glue/cement would you use to make vertical dividers in the sump for protein skimmer, refugium, return pump section?




Thanks

043AFB02-BCD6-44BC-BD14-612D8AA8B2F7.jpeg


72421342-BD76-4170-ADA5-701E9E11AA17.jpeg


C8CB9101-08F0-4734-B80C-B318990FA576.jpeg
 
Cutting those overflow boxes out is pretty easy. I'd cap the bulkheads off either way.

You are going to need a tall skimmer stand! But that just gives you more room under the skimmer for heaters, rock or anything else!
 
Cutting those overflow boxes out is pretty easy. I'd cap the bulkheads off either way.

You are going to need a tall skimmer stand! But that just gives you more room under the skimmer for heaters, rock or anything else!

I like that idea!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new