Help me decide my next tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter zoolan70
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zoolan70

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2010
Messages
96
Reaction score
76
Location
Prescott, WI
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
While I wait for time and funds to allow for a much larger system in the basement, I'd like to get a nice 20 gallon cube to admire on the main floor of the house. I've narrowed it down to a Red Sea Max Nano Cube G2 or the Waterbox AIO 20g. Both have the same rough gallons, though the RS is 2" taller.

I know the Red Sea topic is a hot one, but with the smaller tank I'm not worried about the seams. The RS gets points for having the Nano Mat compatibility, but also the ReefBeat ecosystem. Though I'm not sold on the outlet nozzle being so low in the water. WB is a standard AIO, not much to write home about there. RS glass is 8mm, WB is 6mm.

This might come down to a preference decision, but I'd love to hear anyone's input on one or the other.
 
I don't think you could go wrong with the Red Sea system. The larger tanks do have seam issues, that has been well documented and reported, but I haven't heard of the smaller tanks having the same issues.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new