OP
OP
Y

Yellowsound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: on Thursday evening, I came home from work to find water on the floor...also in the basement, beneath the tank. Based on how much my ATO water level had dropped, my guess is I lost about 4-5 gallons. Unfortunately, I was able to verify that the water was not spilling over the top edge of the tank; it was dripping down the back of the stand, from under the tank. I had to set up my emergency tank in the basement, move all livestock down there, and drain the tank. A sad night, for sure.

If anyone in the Boston area is looking for a good deal on a 60g CADLights rimless tank w/ starfire glass- w/ a leaky seal somewhere- I’ll make it worth your while. I’m sure someone w/ the time & know-how
could fix this. It’s just more than I can take on right now.

Captmcfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer dude

Best to be proactive when dealing with leaking tanks or leaks of any kind inside the home. I had to crawl under my house shortly after buying to replace a main beam due to the last homeowner not being attentive to a water issue. If I were not handy it could have cost me thousands to have a contractor do it. Instead I spent a Saturday jacking my floor up cutting out the beam building a new one dragging it under my home on my belly and setting the house back down. A few drips over not that long a time can rot things bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Y

Yellowsound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @mcarroll (and anyone else!), would love your thoughts on some questions I have re: plumbing for a new build. The thread is:
Bean Animal Drain Size & Return Size

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 8.3%
Back