Help me I.D. this coral

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was sold to me as a branch hammer, but the more I have learned about them, it appears to look more like a torch coral. Any idea? I have a torch coral coming tomorrow and I know hammers and torches don't play well together. Any help is appreciated. I have a photo and a video of the coral. It takes about 60 seconds for the video to play... so please be patient. thx

hammer.jpg

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was sold to me as a branch hammer, but the more I have learned about them, it appears to look more like a torch coral. Any idea? I have a torch coral coming tomorrow and I know hammers and torches don't play well together. Any help is appreciated. I have a photo and a video of the coral. It takes about 60 seconds for the video to play... so please be patient. thx

hammer.jpg

sorry can't get the video to load.

huckjai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely the polyps are wider/flat compared to the torch. My hammers polyps are a bit different shaped than that, and does not extend the polyps out that far.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back