Help me I.D. this coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter S.Pepper
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2019
Messages
2,231
Reaction score
8,858
What state or country do you live in
Delaware
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was sold to me as a branch hammer, but the more I have learned about them, it appears to look more like a torch coral. Any idea? I have a torch coral coming tomorrow and I know hammers and torches don't play well together. Any help is appreciated. I have a photo and a video of the coral. It takes about 60 seconds for the video to play... so please be patient. thx

hammer.jpg
 
This was sold to me as a branch hammer, but the more I have learned about them, it appears to look more like a torch coral. Any idea? I have a torch coral coming tomorrow and I know hammers and torches don't play well together. Any help is appreciated. I have a photo and a video of the coral. It takes about 60 seconds for the video to play... so please be patient. thx

hammer.jpg

sorry can't get the video to load.
 
Looks more of a torch than a hammer. I have both.
 
Most likely the polyps are wider/flat compared to the torch. My hammers polyps are a bit different shaped than that, and does not extend the polyps out that far.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new