!!!Help me identity these!!!

Paul Fryburg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, all

Just recently got back into the hobby. Resetup my 280gallon fowlr. All is well..been running since last November. Well lately ive seen these larvae looking critters in my overflow, sump.. there multiplying decent amount. Anyone have any idea what they are? Any info please..are they harmless? Do i need to take action to remove them? Any info would help.

Thank you all!

20190609_204453.jpg

20190609_204453.jpg

OP
OP
P

Paul Fryburg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Google the nam and thats exactly wat they are. Never seen them before. Great news, a few come loose and end up in my display tank. My large naso and bi color eat them up

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Google the nam and thats exactly wat they are. Never seen them before. Great news, a few come loose and end up in my display tank. My large naso and bi color eat them up
With live rock, be prepared for a plethora of weird creatures over time. You can take a red light and peek in your tank at night. You may see lots of things out and about. (They can’t see red light and won’t be spooked back into hiding).

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With live rock, be prepared for a plethora of weird creatures over time. You can take a red light and peek in your tank at night. You may see lots of things out and about. (They can’t see red light and won’t be spooked back into hiding).
My favorite part too! Love seeing all the stuff I need to google the next morning. So many tiny things.....

Cheap magnifying glass is a plus

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite part too! Love seeing all the stuff I need to google the next morning. So many tiny things.....

Cheap magnifying glass is a plus
Don’t forget to check the sump. That’s where I find a good deal of things too.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back