Help me make an all in one filter

Fatjim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm getting a 20 long and am wanting to make an all in one filter on one side... I know I can use plexy glass or acrylic but due to not having tools and under a tight budget I was wonderimg if there any cheaper and easily manipulated materials I could use.

Iv followed this channel for a long time and I noticed he using foam panels to make chambered areas. My question is will this foam hold up to saltwater?

Ik the boards are flimsy but ibwas thinking I could attach them to light defuser to give more stability.

What do you guys think? And does anyone have any better ideas? Thanks in advance

Here is a link to the foam I'm referring to

OP
OP
Fatjim

Fatjim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha a dremel if I can find it. However my freind has plenty of tools that im sure I could use if absolutely needed but wpuld prefer not to

JoshO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a media basket from egg crate and acrylic using a Stanley knife and a file, so you'd be able to make one using acrylic with minimal tools!
I managed to get all the bits for mine for about £15

thedougen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out fiji cube...they sell all in one systems..i bought one for my 40 breeder

OP
OP
Fatjim

Fatjim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out fiji cube...they sell all in one systems..i bought one for my 40 breeder
I think I'm still interested in building one but I'm deffinetly gonna look more into that

Ratherbeflyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a cheap all in one filter out of 2" and 3" pvc pipe and an airstone for a quarantine tank I used to have.

It provides surface skimming by drawing water from the surface. Filter floss provides mechanical filtration. Rubble rock provides bacteria surface area for the nitrogen cycle. An underwater red led combined with a knitting mesh and the air bubbles makes an upflow algae scrubber to consume nitrate and phosphate. The optional 3" pvc pipe contains the bubbles and any salt creep. Chemical filtration can be added with a small bag of carbon for a true all in one filter.

1583765904554.png

attachment.jpg

1583766070073.png

1583766938736.png

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back