Help me pick my next fish!!! I can't decide

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cassian
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2018
Messages
2,389
Reaction score
1,710
Location
MO
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I'm going to make another fish order soon, and I can't decide what to get! Leave some suggestions for me! I really love rare and unique, but I have a $300-400 budget, so nothing like a peppermint angel. ;Greedy It must be reef compatible and it cant eat small fish. My tank is an 8 foot 180 gallon with assorted corals.

current stock:
Black tang
Skeletor moray eel
Atlantic blue tang
leopard wrasse
pintail wrasse
ruby head wrasse
two clowns
two firefish
one chromis
two trigger fish
mandarin goby
blenny


Im thinking a pair of genicanthus angels? (I probably spelled that wrong)
 
What? No Harlequin Tusk? :cool:

Ahh I know!! I actually had one ordered, then everyone was telling me it would probably eat my clown fish;Drowning
 
CC554224-3133-4C23-9D1F-0D6A946585FE.gif

Fully worth the risk, my friend.
 
Bump
 
I would suggest a Harlequin “Bass” but I think you would lodge the same objection as when I suggested the Harlequin “Tusk” (Lol!) :p
 
I’d purchase a pair of Flame Hawkfish. Great color, fun personality and a pair is a lot of fun to watch.

(You could get 2 small, same size and they would eventually be a make/female pair)
 
I would suggest a Harlequin “Bass” but I think you would lodge the same objection as when I suggested the Harlequin “Tusk” (Lol!) :p

Haha, yes I believe so
 
I’d purchase a pair of Flame Hawkfish. Great color, fun personality and a pair is a lot of fun to watch.

(You could get 2 small, same size and they would eventually be a make/female pair)

Oo yes I like hawks! Thanks for the suggestion
 
Going to second the suggestion of angelfish, and raise the addition of a butterflyfish.
 
Thanks guys!! I ended up grabbing a Japanese swallowtail today !
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new