Help me stock my tank

Three springers may be pushing it as they might start to compete over territory with each other and the Azure damsel. You could probably get away with one, maybe two, but if you want the midas, you'd probably have to stick with one.
 
Your current list has a lot of fish, if not all of them, competing for the "open" swimming space.
I would look into fish to occupy the reef structure, gobies, basslets, blenniess (minus the fang species and midas), and with caution dottybacks. You might be able to argue the hawkfish because they perch most of the time.
 
The beauty of a clown goby might be lost in a bigger tank, though I've never kept them in anything big, so I don't really know. I would personally recommend a bicolor or tailspot blenny as they have a lot of character and they stay on the rockwork.
 
Watchman gobies are great, especially once paired with a pistol shrimp. You could do a yellow watchman with a pistol shrimp and they would exclusively live on the substrate. The only problem I could see would be potential aggression from the damsel or six-line wrasse. You'd definitely want to use an acclimation box when you are introducing either a blenny or goby.
 
My sand is a bit course. Will the yellow watchman goby sift sand? Otherwise, I think it would be cool to have a goby/shrimp pair.
 
My sand is a bit course. Will the yellow watchman goby sift sand?
Yes, a little bit. But they don't do it constantly, and it isn't their main source of food like with sleeper/sand sifting gobies.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new