Help me stock my tank

Rednamalas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three springers may be pushing it as they might start to compete over territory with each other and the Azure damsel. You could probably get away with one, maybe two, but if you want the midas, you'd probably have to stick with one.

FullSend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your current list has a lot of fish, if not all of them, competing for the "open" swimming space.
I would look into fish to occupy the reef structure, gobies, basslets, blenniess (minus the fang species and midas), and with caution dottybacks. You might be able to argue the hawkfish because they perch most of the time.

Rednamalas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The beauty of a clown goby might be lost in a bigger tank, though I've never kept them in anything big, so I don't really know. I would personally recommend a bicolor or tailspot blenny as they have a lot of character and they stay on the rockwork.

Rednamalas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watchman gobies are great, especially once paired with a pistol shrimp. You could do a yellow watchman with a pistol shrimp and they would exclusively live on the substrate. The only problem I could see would be potential aggression from the damsel or six-line wrasse. You'd definitely want to use an acclimation box when you are introducing either a blenny or goby.

OP
OP
BranchingHammer

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sand is a bit course. Will the yellow watchman goby sift sand? Otherwise, I think it would be cool to have a goby/shrimp pair.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back