Help mounting Redsea ReefLed

Jgill70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello. I have a question for you. I purchased a ReefLed 90 and wanted to hang it from my Aquatic Life Coral Cover Hybrid LED Light Fixture. The problem is the screws in the Reefled are not long enough to attach it to the mounting bracket. I was hoping you could provide me with the size of the screws so I can purchase longer ones to attach it to the bracket

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have a question for you. I purchased a ReefLed 90 and wanted to hang it from my Aquatic Life Coral Cover Hybrid LED Light Fixture. The problem is the screws in the Reefled are not long enough to attach it to the mounting bracket. I was hoping you could provide me with the size of the screws so I can purchase longer ones to attach it to the bracket
I think they're Ø 3mm- but bring it to the store when you go for new bolts.

Alternatively, just measure the size of the bolt :) It is dead easy- then you can make sure you buy the correct size being long enough.

"To determine bolt diameter, measure the distance from the outer thread on one side to the outer thread on the other side. This is called major diameter. Alternatively, you can measure the bolt shank diameter. The shank is known as the body or sometimes, the shoulder"

Here's a good guide! :)

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ace Hardware / Lowes / Home Depot usually have those thread size/pitch measuring stations (hanging boards with different size nuts/studs mounted).

Seems easiest to just take the bolt in to test for size/pitch so no confusion between metric and standard.
*if they don't have the measuring board, you could still just try different nuts on the bolt to find the right size

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back