Help: MP40 on Mobius has to be regularly restarted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

I have an MP40 that is connected to Mobius. The pump is tied as a CHILD ( to another MP40 also on Mobius) on ANTI-SYNC. I have had to regularly restart the pump via the Mobius app for it to maintain it's scheduled program. It seem to get "stuck" on a previous program and does not change program until I restart the pump via the Mobius app.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue. Thanks for the help.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a known issue that the engineers are hard at work resolving, I've read promising accounts from people that are testing the latest firmware update for this problem and we all just need to be patient while they conclude their findings.

I have multiple vortechs in a parent/child relationship and the antisync ones are the problem children. Unfortunately what most people are doing is exactly what you're already doing, which is power cycling when the issue arises. some even do it with a timer to shut off power and restart it.

I don't think we will be waiting much longer for the fix to go live.

OP
OP
reef-rc

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a known issue that the engineers are hard at work resolving, I've read promising accounts from people that are testing the latest firmware update for this problem and we all just need to be patient while they conclude their findings.

I have multiple vortechs in a parent/child relationship and the antisync ones are the problem children. Unfortunately what most people are doing is exactly what you're already doing, which is power cycling when the issue arises. some even do it with a timer to shut off power and restart it.

I don't think we will be waiting much longer for the fix to go live.
Thanks for the info. I did not know this was a thing.

i have gone as far as to program my APEX to shutdown (1 minute) and restart this one pump every hour. However I am not sure it's working or if my APEX code is bad.

Have you heard if this work-around work besides manually restarting via the Mobius app? Thanks.

OP
OP
reef-rc

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should work... im well versed in apex code as well, post the code and I can help you.

The following is what I have the code set for. I may have found out why it may not have been turning off. I had "SET ON" following the Feed option. I have since removed that line earlier this evening. Will check tomorrow if that work through out the day relating to pump being locked status.

Fallback ON
OSC 000:00/001:00/059:00 Then OFF
If FeedA 006 Then OFF
If FeedB 014 Then OFF

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The following is what I have the code set for. I may have found out why it may not have been turning off. I had "SET ON" following the Feed option. I have since removed that line earlier this evening. Will check tomorrow if that work through out the day relating to pump being locked status.

Fallback ON
If FeedA 006 Then OFF
If FeedB 014 Then OFF
You need the SET ON code, it sets the normal state of the outlet, but it needs to be up top. Fusion reads the code from top to bottom, the last true statement is what it will do. If SET ON was the last line then any code above it would be rendered useless.

Fallback ON
SET ON
If FeedA 006 Then OFF
If FeedB 014 Then OFF

The OSC code will work as expected only to be overridden by the 2 feed codes, which is what you want.

OP
OP
reef-rc

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sisterlimonpot - I wanted to let you know since making the code change to all my MP40 pumps that were setup as CHILD with the setup to turn on/off within every hour for 1 minute, seems to have eliminated most of the issues based on observation. I say seems because there has been a few instances since I did have to reboot the pump using the app.

looking forward to having this bug resolved for sure so I can remove this code. Thanks again.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took my phone over to local hobbyists and sat out in his driveway to give his pumps the beta firmware and 2 weeks later he says the results were instantaneous and has been flawless ever since.

It escapes me why this hasn't became available for every one. I'd imagine that a few outliers are still experiencing the issue.

Perhaps next week things will start to get back to somewhat normal and we will see a firmware update soon

MasterChief

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having major issues with my MP40’s... what is this new firmware you’re taking about? I am considering rolling back my firmware, I don’t trust Mobius with my tank. Can I roll back the G5’s???? To expensive to be this ******. Quite underwhelmed eco tech.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back