Help my blenny got beat up

Charlie brown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My midas got beat up just wanna know if the is a chance he will make it for some weird reason my lawnmower blenny which usually keeps to himself started biting my midas and chasing him i went to feed and my midas usually is ther first one to try and eat but this time i didn't see him so i looked and he was hiding breathing really fast and had this like bulge or something dark on his side and his tail was shredded both blenny have been in the tank for over a year no problem i got him in this little basket i used for my anemone and clowns i would take pics but don't wanna stress him out more any advice

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My midas got beat up just wanna know if the is a chance he will make it for some weird reason my lawnmower blenny which usually keeps to himself started biting my midas and chasing him i went to feed and my midas usually is ther first one to try and eat but this time i didn't see him so i looked and he was hiding breathing really fast and had this like bulge or something dark on his side and his tail was shredded both blenny have been in the tank for over a year no problem i got him in this little basket i used for my anemone and clowns i would take pics but don't wanna stress him out more any advice
Your best bet would be to get him into a quarantine tank, away from whoever is beating him up, to heal and start treating with antibiotics to keep him from getting an infection on the wounded parts

OP
OP
Charlie brown

Charlie brown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No open wounds just has like lump on his side and his tail is torn like his fins not the actual tail what kinds of antibiotics or like garlic drops

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either it or the lawnmower blenny will need to be removed. While they occupy different niches, and in many cases cohabitate fine, some lawnmowers are more aggressive than others. And aggression rarely gets better once it starts.

OP
OP
Charlie brown

Charlie brown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly my fish died it's weird that the lawnmower got aggressive all of a sudden

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back