HELP! My Cleaner shrimp eating? My GSP

SombreroBen

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 15, 2022
Messages
30
Reaction score
5
Location
San Marcos
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my first coral( a gsp) and glued it to a separate rock. I noticed within the first few hours it started to open a tiny bit. But, like 2 hours later, my cleaner shrimp starts tugging on it. I don't know if its cleaning or eating because it closed up again.
Please Help.

20220815_072151.jpg 20220815_072210.jpg
 
I may be wrong, but I've never seen nor heard of a cleaner shrimp going after coral. Did you dip it before adding it? Maybe it's eating something off of it
 
I may be wrong, but I've never seen nor heard of a cleaner shrimp going after coral. Did you dip it before adding it? Maybe it's eating something off of it
To be honest, I don't know what I would've dipped it in. But I guess I have to wait a couple days and see what happens.
 
There's lots of coral dips out there, and even something as simple as freshwater. It's 100% worth dipping every coral. Dealing with pests can be a real nightmare
 
I wouldn’t worry about it. The shrimp is just picking at detritus. They definitely don’t eat GSP or any other coral. Also nothing can kill GSP!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new