Help! My Coral Beauty has a spot!

ajnice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Coral Beauty popped up last night with a spot on its belly. I thought one of my other fish took a bite out of him. He is still eating and swimming around and hiding in his favorite rock. I just want to make sure I don't need to look in to some kind of treatment. After reading other post Im worried!
IMG_1535.jpeg
IMG_1536.jpeg
IMG_0934.jpeg
IMG_0928.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

The pictures are pretty distant, but it looks like an injury/infection. The location is problematic - it seems to involve it anal opening. The fish not showing any other symptoms is a good sign though.

As far as a treatment, do you have a treatment tank?

Jay

OP
OP
A

ajnice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

The pictures are pretty distant, but it looks like an injury/infection. The location is problematic - it seems to involve it anal opening. The fish not showing any other symptoms is a good sign though.

As far as a treatment, do you have a treatment tank?

Jay
Yes, we have a small quarantine tank for things like this. She looks the same this morning and swimming in and out of rocks like always. What would you suggest for treatment?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, we have a small quarantine tank for things like this. She looks the same this morning and swimming in and out of rocks like always. What would you suggest for treatment?

If it isn't breathing fast, and is still eating well, I would be inclined to just observe it for now. You might want to get the QT geared up to run, and buy a broad spectrum, gram negative antibiotic (like Neoplex) and be ready to go if things go south.

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back