Help! My dragonet fish stuck in overflow box

  • Thread starter Thread starter fxfier
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fxfier

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2020
Messages
21
Reaction score
45
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 6 month dragonet fish
Stuck in overflow box since yesterday.

Does anyone know how to get my fish out?
E36F3BA2-C128-406E-B210-3409B2D16324.jpeg
 
Turn off pump to stop flow and using a 2” brine shrimp net, scoop it up.
 
ok, let me try
 
What I do is to remove the pipe and strainer from my overflow(I have a center intank tower style overflow), open the gate valve on the siphon line, then shut off the pump. Anything in the overflow gets flushed down into the sump where a filter socks awaits. Simple and easy to catch any fish in my overflow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new