OP
Gravityband

Gravityband

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good tip guys, the fish seems fine so far with only HOB, but I will add an air pump later today. :)

OP
OP
Gravityband

Gravityband

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just tried to feed them in QT, they seem like they don't want to eat yet...should I be concerned?

and the stringy poop is still present...

OP
OP
Gravityband

Gravityband

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Big G
one of the clowns are still having stringy poop in QT, is this normal? how long does it take for symptoms to go away?

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The copper can suppress their appetite. It's a good possibility that putting them straight into therapeutic levels of copper might've been too stressful for the flame angel. But if you have velvet, gotta do what you gotta do. Keep trying to get them to eat. Also, the copper is not going to deal with the internal parasites. You'll need to feed food soaked in metro with a binding agent or something along those lines to deal with this issue. The internal parasites can wait a while though, velvet would be the problem that will kill your fish.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As @KMench posted, while the fish are in the priority treatment for velvet, you can feed them medicated food. Good quality frozen food cubes. Use a variety of seaweed, cyclops, brine shrimp, clams, etc. My fish love this "smoothie"! Put one cube each into a dish and let "slump" in the fridge. Strain off the excess liquid. Mix the slumped food with Metro + Focus (this is the binder). This mix will stay good in your fridge for a few days. Feed small amounts. Keep a turkey baster or similar handy to siphon out the excess food. You want to limit the amount of Metro that gets into the water. Feed them this for 10-14 days to eliminate internal worms.

OP
OP
Gravityband

Gravityband

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to read the instruction of Metro and Focus online, and a bit confused..how much should I use if I were to mix them with say 1 cube of frozen shrimp? It says 1-2 measure per 10 gallon..so if my QT is 20G I mix in 2-4 measure with that cube of food?

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to read the instruction of Metro and Focus online, and a bit confused..how much should I use if I were to mix them with say 1 cube of frozen shrimp? It says 1-2 measure per 10 gallon..so if my QT is 20G I mix in 2-4 measure with that cube of food?

From Humblefish's write up:
Dosing in Food

Stir together the medicated food mix (recipe below) before feeding. Feed the fish once daily as much as they can consume in about 1 minute. Treatment periods will vary but it is recommended to treat for at least a week. This medicated food can be refrigerated or frozen between feedings.
  • 1 scoop of medication of choice
  • 1 scoop Focus™
  • 1 tbsp food (preferably pellets or frozen food)
  • A few drops of water if using a dry food

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^ exactly. Just remember to drain off the excess water from the thawed frozen cubes. It'll keep you tank cleaner, less ammonia buildup to deal with.

OP
OP
Gravityband

Gravityband

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^ exactly. Just remember to drain off the excess water from the thawed frozen cubes. It'll keep you tank cleaner, less ammonia buildup to deal with.

I have never drained my frozen food..maybe that's why my tank is filled with algae..

OP
OP
Gravityband

Gravityband

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From Humblefish's write up:
Dosing in Food

Stir together the medicated food mix (recipe below) before feeding. Feed the fish once daily as much as they can consume in about 1 minute. Treatment periods will vary but it is recommended to treat for at least a week. This medicated food can be refrigerated or frozen between feedings.
  • 1 scoop of medication of choice
  • 1 scoop Focus™
  • 1 tbsp food (preferably pellets or frozen food)
  • A few drops of water if using a dry food

Thank you so much!!

OP
OP
Gravityband

Gravityband

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They still won’t eat any food.. but at least they are wondering around the tank instead of hiding in the corner...but this morning, one of the clowns lost of his tail fin..please see the picture..the black part of his tail fin is at the bottom of the tank..
1e2661e005915239ee9a1cf453d475a4.jpg

How do I treat this?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back