HELP MY OCTO SPAWN DOES NOT LOOK GOOD HELLLLLPPPPPP!!!

Fish_N_A_Box

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when you look at your refractometer, what is the scale that you see? is it in ppm on the right or are you looking at the left in the decimal and seeing 1.027?

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
when you look at your refractometer, what is the scale that you see? is it in ppm on the right or are you looking at the left in the decimal and seeing 1.027?
+1

They usually have 1 side that shows the one and the other side shows the other.

Drew Hitt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is about what I keep mine at(not my pic though)... so when they said 35 that’s on the right... ur reading off the left... .027 which is fine... (unless I misunderstand you)... I would keep it about .025 personally

41DCA8BE-4392-4C4E-A7C2-8AC5E69E79C5.jpeg

Nano man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really need to do more reading And research before keeping corals but bottom line is your numbers are off and you are not ready to keep LPS just yet!
Sorry

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly and it seems that you didn't get the best advice from your LFS if they recommend that test kit and hydrometer.
I been using a hydrometer since day one. Tank SPS like crazy. I check At the LFS every month or 2 and it always matches. Them refractometers gotta be tuned all the time tho I heard...

Topekoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been using a hydrometer since day one. Tank SPS like crazy. I check At the LFS every month or 2 and it always matches. Them refractometers gotta be tuned all the time tho I heard...
I calibrate mine twice a year just for my piece of mind but its never off. I had two hydrometers when I first started and both of them were 5 points off one high one low will never use one again cause you can't calibrate them you just hope they are right.

Fish_N_A_Box

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point I wouldn't dose anything. I would do a 25% water change each week. This would get your parameters back where they need to be. Looking at your tank (or what you have posted) doesn't show a huge amount of corals in there that would require dosing anything extra at this point.

What salt are you using and what is your water change schedule currently like?

OP
OP
Damian reef boi

Damian reef boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point I wouldn't dose anything. I would do a 25% water change each week. This would get your parameters back where they need to be. Looking at your tank (or what you have posted) doesn't show a huge amount of corals in there that would require dosing anything extra at this point.

What salt are you using and what is your water change schedule currently like?
I am doing weekly water changes

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back