HELP MY OCTO SPAWN DOES NOT LOOK GOOD HELLLLLPPPPPP!!!

OP
OP
Damian reef boi

Damian reef boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are yo dosing anything in the aquarium? What is your salinity? What are you using to measure your salinity?

15799310878238265861940939892051.jpg

Topekoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i am going to assume you salinity is off hydrometers are extremely unreliable.

I would recommend using a refractometer like at the above link. When you get one make sure it comes with or buy calibration fluid and calibrate it before you use it. I don't know what time it is there for you but i would make it a priority to go get the following items tomorrow

Refractometer, Alk, Cal, test kits like i said before i recommend Sailfert but if you can only find API that will work in a pinch

OP
OP
Damian reef boi

Damian reef boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i am going to assume you salinity is off hydrometers are extremely unreliable.

I would recommend using a refractometer like at the above link. When you get one make sure it comes with or buy calibration fluid and calibrate it before you use it. I don't know what time it is there for you but i would make it a priority to go get the following items tomorrow

Refractometer, Alk, Cal, test kits like i said before i recommend Sailfert but if you can only find API that will work in a pinch
Ok I will buy it

Topekoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to assume that you have over dosed the tank and your levels are way off there isn't even a point in doing a water change cause you don't know what the salinity will be with that hydrometer if it is off

Topekoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also do you have enough salt to do a 90% water change? That is what i would do tomorrow is get the refractometer and test kits and then once you find out your levels do a huge water change cause if they are as high as i think they are its better to risk the quick change then to try and slowly drop it

OP
OP
Damian reef boi

Damian reef boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the bacteria die because I have a blue tang that I dont want to axidently kill it

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Will the bacteria die because I have a blue tang that I dont want to axidently kill it
In a 1 year old tank the bac should be fine.

But that leads me to more concern of what's going on in your tank at 1 year old and this is just happening.

Topekoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No bacteria will be fine. But can you catch the tang? If you can catch him i would drip acclimate him in another container just to be on the safe side

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back