OP
Kevin Padgett

Kevin Padgett

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knowing what you know now, would you do anything different?
In case this happens to others wanting your advice.

Obviously, I am kicking myself for having the Carpet and the BT together. I assumed the BT would know the boundaries. I learned my lesson! Just clowns in the 40B with the Gig from now on.

I'm a half full type of guy - So on the brighter side of today. My Gig is looking amazing! Fully open with both Frostbites loving every minute of the day in the carpet!

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carpets are hecka agressive. Remember, they are built to eat fish..it's something that doesn't really move and somehow catches them. Don't assume it won't. Nemmies WILL catch something sooner or later, especially carpets.

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obviously, I am kicking myself for having the Carpet and the BT together. I assumed the BT would know the boundaries. I learned my lesson! Just clowns in the 40B with the Gig from now on.

I'm a half full type of guy - So on the brighter side of today. My Gig is looking amazing! Fully open with both Frostbites loving every minute of the day in the carpet!
Well I meant would you have dipped it or added a bacterial treatment for the infection?

OP
OP
Kevin Padgett

Kevin Padgett

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start using garlic extreme w the frozen he will eat and add selcon

I added both of those additives to all food offered over the past week. Frozen. flake, and pellets. He never got his appetite back after the sting.

Well I meant would you have dipped it or added a bacterial treatment for the infection?

Hard to tell. He slowly looked like he was healing so not sure what I could have treated for. I don't think parasites or an infection is what took him out. I believe it was the toxins in his system and lack of nutrition that finally got him.

But who knows. All I have to offer is an educated guess.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back