Help Needed -Anemone Sting

Knowing what you know now, would you do anything different?
In case this happens to others wanting your advice.

Gosh, I'm not sure he could do anything besides not putting the carpet in there.. :(
 
Knowing what you know now, would you do anything different?
In case this happens to others wanting your advice.

Obviously, I am kicking myself for having the Carpet and the BT together. I assumed the BT would know the boundaries. I learned my lesson! Just clowns in the 40B with the Gig from now on.

I'm a half full type of guy - So on the brighter side of today. My Gig is looking amazing! Fully open with both Frostbites loving every minute of the day in the carpet!
 
Carpets are hecka agressive. Remember, they are built to eat fish..it's something that doesn't really move and somehow catches them. Don't assume it won't. Nemmies WILL catch something sooner or later, especially carpets.
 
Obviously, I am kicking myself for having the Carpet and the BT together. I assumed the BT would know the boundaries. I learned my lesson! Just clowns in the 40B with the Gig from now on.

I'm a half full type of guy - So on the brighter side of today. My Gig is looking amazing! Fully open with both Frostbites loving every minute of the day in the carpet!
Well I meant would you have dipped it or added a bacterial treatment for the infection?
 
Start using garlic extreme w the frozen he will eat and add selcon

I added both of those additives to all food offered over the past week. Frozen. flake, and pellets. He never got his appetite back after the sting.

Well I meant would you have dipped it or added a bacterial treatment for the infection?

Hard to tell. He slowly looked like he was healing so not sure what I could have treated for. I don't think parasites or an infection is what took him out. I believe it was the toxins in his system and lack of nutrition that finally got him.

But who knows. All I have to offer is an educated guess.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new