Help Needed with over flow

mrsalnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats up guys im using a eshopps eclipse Medium overflow , I want to know how to get rid of the gargling sound its getting a bit annoying?? Any help or tips here is a picture of the overflow
20170824_192658.jpg

Shon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Eshoppes (M). Been playing with plumbing with the garden hose (it is on my back porch currently), still building..) If it is the slurp sound, add a gate valve inline to the siphon drain, and slowly close it till water trickles into the red tube.
If it is splashing from the overflow into the rear box (where your 2x 1" drains are..)
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/herbie-overflow-in-eshopps-eclipse-m.251195/page-2
This guy used a 45° from the main tank bulkhead into the box to limit splashing.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am also curious , as i have a tank with the eclipse S that ill be setting up soon.

OP
OP
mrsalnj

mrsalnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a gate valve installed and i have it tuned but is the water level in the over flow box have to be filled ? I was leaving it with the gargle sound until today i got annoyed and said i must silence this thing

OP
OP
mrsalnj

mrsalnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its actually both, what i just did was put 1 inch pvc inside the bulkhead going down and put my emergency in as well, tuned the gate valve where the water level is over the 1inch pvc and skimming the red emergency pvc and its silent, im just worried about flow if im getting enough etc. I would like to get it where i don't need that one inch pipe and just use bulk head and emergency

OP
OP
mrsalnj

mrsalnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update i removed the 1inch pvc and got rid of the gargle going down, but the bulkhead between the tank and the over flow box is whats making noise, sounds like a waterfall

PaulPerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you get gurgling as it is shown now?

If so turn your valve 180 degrees run your pumps for at least ten minutes until the water flow becomes consistent. You should be able to run your return pump at full speed and ALL of the water should drain through the right drain.
Once the flow is consistent, slowly start closing that valve. When water starts rising in the box, stop turning wait ten more minutes and then repeat until you have "dialed it in" so that just a little bit of water is trickling into the red pipe, you should be nice and quiet.

PaulPerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on your recent post, your red tube needs to be slightly higher. It should be above the bulkhead. You are hearing water "fall" through the bulkhead into the overflow box.

OP
OP
mrsalnj

mrsalnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you get gurgling as it is shown now?

If so turn your valve 180 degrees run your pumps for at least ten minutes until the water flow becomes consistent. You should be able to run your return pump at full speed and ALL of the water should drain through the right drain.
Once the flow is consistent, slowly start closing that valve. When water starts rising in the box, stop turning wait ten more minutes and then repeat until you have "dialed it in" so that just a little bit of water is trickling into the red pipe, you should be nice and quiet.

Im tuned in like you said with the two bulk heads but now im getting trickling into the front part of the overflow thats inside the tank, is this because i do not have enough water or to much flow from the pump, also i do not have and pumps in my tank yet besides the return.

OP
OP
mrsalnj

mrsalnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill post a video but i got it i think stand by

PaulPerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two things will help. First, more flow. If your pump is at full capacity though, the other thing you can do is close the main drain valve more so the water level rises above the red tube... With the water level below the red tube and below the top of the bulkhead, you are going to hear that trickle.

OP
OP
mrsalnj

mrsalnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No my pump is not a full capacity I had to turn it down cause my clowns were getting smacked against the glass when they were swimming in front of the flow and I'll raise it a little more as in water level. Thanks alot for the help. Really appreciate it

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back